Monday, October 25, 2010

New Plans, God's Plans

After much talking with God and others, the decision has been made to leave on January 1st.

I was getting really overwhelmed with the support raising process. The money wasn't coming in like it was supposed to, and I was getting very frustrated. It wasn't working out and I was ready to through in the towel. People had always told me that if God didn't want me to go, then the money wouldn't come in. We would decide what to do from there. I honestly believed that if God didn't want me to go, then I wouldn't have been accepted to intern. He wouldn't bring me this far and not go. I think I forgot that. Not once in the application process did I think that God didn't want me to go. Not once in the support raising, until now, did I seriously question if God had other plans. I love my church, but I didn't feel like I was meant to stay right now. There are so many things there I would like to help with, but I still felt like God wanted me to go to Slovakia.

When I had the realization that Jan. 1st was the most plausible time frame, I talked to my director in Slovakia and my support coach. My director immediately emailed me back. He said the staff was looking forward to me coming, and there was still an important role for me to play in the office. This was right; I knew it beyond a shadow of a doubt. When I heard back from my support coach, I nearly had a heart attack. She said she didn't know if Crusade would still let me go in January. Everything I had worked for was almost taken away. For 2 days I waited for her to get back to me. Finally, I heard. Campus Crusade was going to let me go. I wanted to sing the Hallelujah chorus!

Now I have until Thanksgiving to get the rest of my monthly support. Everything else will fall into place now that I have a firm deadline. Currently I have 54% of my total support. I need $1350 more per month and about $2500 in one-time giving. I'm also on the hunt for someone willing to donate frequent flier miles to help pay for the plane ticket. Keep praying with me that it all works out!

Very exciting news: My director Doug and his son are coming to Texas next week and they are bringing 5 of the Slovak staff members! I am going to meet up with them in College Station next Tuesday. I haven't met any of the staff members aside from the director, and I am so looking forward to this! It is going to be so neat and I know it will give me that push I need to finish support raising.