Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ch-Ch-Changes

Every week I have to fill out a support raising worksheet listing all the work I did that week. This week's sheet is dated Week 50. Wow. I can't believe I've been doing this for almost a year. This has been a really long process, filled with times of frustration and encouragement. And now it's all coming to an end. That's right. You heard me. The end of support raising and the beginning of ministry is almost here. I can't even begin to describe my emotions at that statement.

This last week, I found out that the details of my internship have changed. Originally I was going to be living in Bratislava, the capitol of Slovakia, and working as the assistant to the Crusade National Director Doug Meyerdirk. Since it has taken me a year to raise support, the director and his family are going to be in Texas on furlough in the fall. This will leave only a small team without any Americans. Campus Crusade wants all their interns to be connected to a team. I really appreciate this about the organization. They care about the staff and interns and want them to have the resources and encouragement necessary to minister.


Now I will be joining the campus team in Kosice, a city in eastern Slovakia. I will still be doing administration, instead assisting the Staff Development Director Tomas Majer. The team in Kosice is made up mostly of former Slovak students who are now on staff leading the ministry. I love that! There are a couple Americans on the team and some American families with other missions organizations in the city. These are exciting changes!


I firmly believe that this was God's plan all along. He is always in control and knows what I need better than I do. This new situation is an answer to many prayers. In Bratislava, there are no singles on staff. We didn't know who I would live with, and I was worried about making friends close to my age. Almost all the staff in Kosice is young and single, and I have met some of them already. Five of them came with Doug in November to College Station for a church missions conference. You can read about my time with them in my Fun in College Station post. I'm still learning all the new details, but I assume that I'll be living with the staff girls. I have never been to Kosice and I have not met my new boss, but I feel ecstatic about this! 

God is so good! This has made me think of Isaiah 55, verses 8 and 9.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts"

I never would have thought of this. After spending time with some of the Kosice team, I was a little sad that I wouldn't be able to work with them. But I didn't think that it would ever be a possibility that I could end up on their team. Like Jeremiah 29:11, God definitely has a perfect plan for me. I called on Him and He heard me (v.12).


Finally after a year of support raising, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have an official leave date, July 2nd, and only $381 left in monthly support left to raise. 


This is it. It's really happening. Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about this news. How amazing is God's provision? I'm glad to hear that you have a date set and are now going to a place with students your age. I look forward to seeing how God is using you in this time of your life. I love ya Tiff and we'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete