Monday, August 8, 2011

Necessary Learning Curve

I wanted to take a moment and apologize to anyone I offended in my newsletter. My comments about the Catholic church were my own opinion and I realize now that I should have kept them to myself. I apologize. 

It's my first year of full-time ministry, y'all. There are going to be a lot of mistakes made by me. I'm just beginning to learn what it means to be a foreign missionary. I hope you didn't expect this year to go smoothly for me, because it's not happenin'. Let just say, I thought support raising was a faith builder.... We haven't even begun to plan this year's ministry and I already feel like a fish out of water. Do not get me wrong. I love Slovakia, and I can already tell that I am going to love living in Košice (pronounced Ko-SHEETS-say). But there have already been times where I'm sitting in the middle of a group not having any idea what is being said because it's all in Slovak. The team has been great about translating for me, but it is still very hard being the only American on the team. I understand why most stinters go overseas with a team.

Anyway.... All of that to say I appreciate your patience, grace and encouragement. They are all necessary this year. Again I apologize for any offensive comments. It's a learning experience, people. a BIG one!

visual proof I'm still alive- HELLO TEXAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment